We are now looking for a Business Controller to strengthen our financial expertise and business support.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Participation in monthly closing especially by ensuring the correctness of figures by controlling and analyzing results.
- Forecasting and identifying opportunities and risks. You will continuously look forward and help in setting the direction. You will improve and own forecasting models.
- Analyzing and measuring our performance. You will track our results and metrics, analyze deviations and recognize drivers and trends behind numbers.
- Supporting the management team in understanding business via financial transparency.
- Scenario-planning and participation in strategy development.
- Preparation of management reports and comments.
- Budgeting process and long-range planning.
- Driving Sanoma Learning -wide development projects as well as internal process development.
- Estimating updates to the reporting tools.
- A Master of Science degree in Economics or Business Administration.
- Over 5 years of experience in demanding business controlling role or in similar positions. You have a strong background in management reporting and experience of working in an international environment.
- An ability to see the big picture but also an interest in details.
- Strong analytical skills. You are able to look at things from different perspectives and seek for alternative approaches.
- A goal-oriented mindset. You are ready to take up challenges and bring those to conclusion.
- A proactive attitude and taking ownership of the tasks in your area.
- An interest in creating new solutions and presenting new ideas.
- An appetite for learning and using those skills in practice.
- An ability to adapt to quickly changing situations, maintaining focus even under pressure.
- Excellent system knowledge (Excel/SAP/SAP BW/HFM). Experience in Tableau, Qlikview and Power BI is seen as an advantage. You are a fast learner and not afraid of technology.
- Great communication and networking skills.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Finnish.
In this role you will have an excellent opportunity to work closely with matters affecting business decisions. Your role is essential in influencing the direction and daily business operations. You will be a key person in developing finance processes and tools and managing large projects.
You will report to Sanoma Pro’s CFO and work closely with finance controllers and Sanoma’s Financial Shared Services. You will daily co-operate with business managers and the management team.
We offer you a meaningful job in the learning business, a role in which you will have a good insight into the company’s future and a nice working environment with great colleagues at our modern office in Ruoholahti. The business controller role enables a quick learning path and a chance to continue growing professionally.
Interested in joining our team? Please fill out our online application with your CV and a salary request by Tuesday December 3rd. For more information call CFO Topi Räsänen +358 50 487 1571 on Friday 22.11 between 12–13 and on Wednesday 27.11 between 10–11.
Employment type: Permanent job
Work type: Full-time
Location: Helsinki, Finland